posted: Friday, May 27, 2016
Impeccability is the cornerstone to integrity. Without integrity, particularly in business, one's reputation becomes slipshod and lackluster. In selecting companies or individuals with whom to do business, would you rather deal with Sandy Slapdash and Sam Shoddy or Carla Careful and Connor Conscientious? Paying extreme attention to the details with which tasks, both major and minor, are completed creates the basis for integrity.
Setting the intention of impeccability is the creation of the roadmap you intend to follow in the pursuit of being true to your word:
- Doing what you say you're going to do and when you are going to do it.
- Always doing your best: in any situation, if you commit to a set of actions, creating step-by-step tasks/accomplishments which carefully move toward the goal
- Avoid misunderstandings: Ask questions and clear up any areas that might lead to speculation conjecture with facts.
Aligning each step toward a given goal with the commitments and expectations that are a part of the intention:
- Reviewing the sequential actions and assessing their adequacy toward overall integrity.
- Taking appropriate action, to the best of your ability.
- Assessing and verifying that movement is, indeed, toward the targeted outcome.
- Adjusting and correcting actions which seem to differ from the original plan, to stay true to your intention.
Completion of the known steps, adding other actions that add value to the stated intention:
- Honoring your word
- Adding value when possible
- Assessing progress
- Sharing the results of the actions
- Planning further actions
Doing business with integrity pays off in a myriad of ways. As consistency and reputation for integrity grow, respect from others has a positive impact on the way you think of yourself. In any situation, the way you think of yourself creates the outcome of anything you attempt. If you consistently act in ways you are proud and that create value, the bottom line launches in ways that are unpredictable in their positive results!
"The way you do anything is the way you do everything!"--Dr. Phil McGraw
FINAO - Brad Huisken